Monday, April 4, 2011

Tugas Terstruktur Academic Extensive Reading

If I have been seeing you for reading in Pak Bunau's Reguler B class this semester or last semester, this blog has been created especially for you, and I hope you will soon accept my invitation to join. We're going to talk about reading in English. What do you like to read? What don't you like to read? Which reading skills do you find the most difficult to master? (For most of us, it's being able to tell the difference between the topic and the main idea.) Each week, I will post pieces from your writing - Okke's has been especially good - and examples of how difficult vocabulary words you have sent to me should and should NOT be used in an English sentence. But mainly, I just want to get a good discussion going about books and stories you have read in English. Here's a link to what you know is one of my favorites... Kirk Coningham's The Expat and Other Stories

6 comments:

  1. actually, i like reading cz in can increase my vocabulary, i like to read an experience from someone that he/she made it on one book like, 127 hours or military stories...
    one hing that made me get difficulty in reading, when i got a new vocabulary and find the meaning, but when i didn;t read that book again i will forget the new vocabularies that i found from that book..
    so, do u have any suggestion of the best thing to get a new vocabulary and we can not easily to forget it in reading
    thanks

    by : Rizky Andriawan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Rizky, for being the first to post a comment and ask a question! Vocabulary is best remembered if used frequently. So for each new word, try to think of ways to use it in writing and speaking about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i usually find a vocabulary from movie, it's simple to me remember it...so, what do you thing???
    n about writting, it's a difficult skill for me, my grammar is very bad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grammar and writing will always be connected, Rizky, so the more you practice one, the better the other will become.

    Movies are also a great way to practice vocabulary, especially when they are subtitled. Listen and read activities from Voice of America Special English http://www.voanews.com/learningenglish/home/ will also expose you to spoken and written English at the same time. This exposure will increase the speed at which you learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay cary thank you
    i'll try it
    how ar u now???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not bad, Rizky. I do miss everyone in Pontianak. I hope to be back on Facebook and this blog regularly as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete